Bailey & Whites, Mile End, in 1966. Established in 1899
Mile End Cemetery collonade, in 1957. Established in 1831, which was converted to
Mile End Gardens, and later incorporated into the Continental Ferryport.
Harrow Stores, Commercial Road, shown here in 1971 shortly before demolition. This
was the original site of Pinks on the ground floor and
a secondary school which was to become the Southern Grammar School.
Mile End Post Office in 1971, before its closure, for re-development.
Opposite All Saints Church, the Royal Hospital, opened in 1922, the site is now occupied
by Sainsbury's Supermarket.
Prospect Road, Mile End, with the Osborne Hotel on the side nearest the camera, and
the Sailors Return on the right, pictured in 1963.
Church Street, with All Saints Church on the right hand side prior to demolition. The church was saved from demolition. Nelson Road is on the extreme the right, the shop on the corner of Nelson Road is “J. Parham & Sons”, furniture removers.
The Country House, on the corner of commercial Road and Church Street
Ben Grubb, government surplus stores, in the 1960s
Early Lake Road
Part of Lake Road in 1910
Part of Lake Road ready for demolition showing Express Radio etc. Lake Road was getting ready for re-development