Kings Road, prior to World War 2, was a prime shopping centre. The road was completely
demolished by enemy action during the war. This picture taken from the Commercial
Road end in 1910.
This is Albert Road, looking from Victoria Road North, in 1901 with the entrance
to Elm Grove on the right of the picture. The Kings Theatre had not been built yet.
This is Clarence Pier pictured in 1890.
This is the Elm lined Elm Grove pictured in 1900, looking east toward Victoria Road
Palmerston Road in 1880, looking north to St Judes.
Looking west toward Clarence Pier, this is Osborne Road in the 1950s.
Youngsters were well catered for with the children's paddling pool, and miniature
railway in 1957.
One of the attractions at Billy Mannings Funfair were the bumper cars.